Elementary School Attendance
IMPORTANT: Parents should make every effort to have their children in homeroom by 8:15 AM each morning. When arriving late, students should report directly to the school office. A pass will be issued to allow the student to enter class. Students tardy to school will not be admitted to homeroom or class without the appropriate office pass.
If an elementary student is absent 25 days during the year, including absences due to tardies, the school will either retain the student or not allow the student to return the following year. Three unexcused or four total tardies (excused and unexcused) constitute one absence.
- If your child will be absent due to illness, or any other unexpected circumstance, please call the Education Office before 9:00 AM on the morning of the absence.
- A student with a dentist or doctor appointment during the day must bring a note to the Education Office and obtain an early dismissal and/or release form. A student is responsible for any class work missed and for getting all homework assignments prior to and following the absence.
- If a student comes to school during the school day or leaves before the end of the day, he/she must check in/out through the Education Office. Before leaving school, the parent coming for the student must sign the student out.
- Make-up work may be requested for students who have had excused absences for two or more days.
- As a general rule, students have one day for each day of an excused absence to make-up work missed.
- A student involved in any co-curricular or extra-curricular activities must be in attendance a full day, which is classified as the first 5 academic periods, in order to participate in that day’s activity. Exceptions may be made for an excused absence.
- In order to make up schoolwork for credit, a student, upon returning to school, must give his/her homeroom teacher a written excuse, which is signed by the parents and states the reason for his/her absence.
- Death in the immediate family dentist,
- Doctor, or other health appointment
- Family emergency
- Inclement weather
- Other absences will be approved only by the permission of the school Administration one week prior to the requested day(s)